The Firm’s representation of businesses includes enforcing our client’s rights as creditors and in Bankruptcy. In this capacity, we represent banks, credit unions, businesses and others that face the challenge of collecting money from elusive debtors. This representation includes handling forbearance agreements, foreclosing on real property and representing clients in State and Federal Court to obtain money judgments and repossess personal property. The Firm also counsels both debtors and creditors, and is committed to finding creative solutions to bankruptcy issues through negotiation, litigation or a transactional approach.
Our representation encompasses all matters affecting creditors, including, but not limited to:
- Negotiation of reorganization plans
- Forbearance agreements
- Enforcement of guaranties
- Execution of judgments
- Defense of preference actions and adversary proceedings
- Identification and void of preferential payments
- Identification and recovery of fraudulent transfers/conveyances
- Repossession of collateral
- Receivership proceedings
- Compliance review and defense of claims regarding the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collections Practice Act, and the Florida Commercial Collection Practices Act.
The attorneys in our Creditor’s Rights Practice Group are proficient in all aspects of secured transactions and utilize transactional negotiations, arbitration and litigation to aggressively protect our client’s rights and interests. Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable regarding remedies available to creditor’s and are resourceful in finding solutions that meet our client’s needs in even the most complex situations.